Winning the Champions League would have completed sixteen for Martinez. But unfortunately they lost 1-0 against Manchester City. The 30-year-old star wasted a golden opportunity to score in this crucial match by hitting City goalkeeper Ederson. The cost of which has to be multiplied by the team's rate. After such a loss, anyone should be 'upset'. Martinez is also upset.
After the match, the Argentine star told ESPN Football, "I'm not in a good mood." I was very excited to receive the trophy. But it failed for a while. The truth is, I am proud of what I have done in the Champions League. A tough match against a tough opponent. We did not consider the match as the final, thinking that we put Manchester City in a difficult situation. We are proud.'
Martinez wholeheartedly believes that there will be wins and losses. He said, 'I have fulfilled many dreams in recent times. I could have won the Champions League. But I am happy with that. Proud of this club and teammates. I didn't miss anything, football is like that. Some days we have to win, some days we have to lose, today we lost.

Comments
Post a Comment