Papon is leaving BCB!

Bangladesh won the only test against Afghanistan in Mirpur by a huge margin. The Tigers have played well in both the first and second innings. And that is how the legend of victory against the visitors was written. The Tigers surrendered to the target of 662 runs and were all out for 115 runs. And that was the victory of the hosts by 546 runs. Which in 89 years of test cricket history, this victory of Bangladesh is the third highest in the record book. Meanwhile, President Papon indicated to leave the BCB post on the day of such a historic victory of the Tigers. He said this while facing the media after the record series win against Afghanistan.

Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hasan Papon said, 'I am associated with pharmaceuticals. Apart from this I am also associated with politics. Politics is a tradition in our family. You all know that my father was also involved in politics. I am trying to maintain that tradition. Apart from this there are twenty other places where I have to spend time. But in the situation I am currently in, I cannot devote time to anything other than cricket.'
  "Don't look, I had an important meeting today," he added. I cannot express how important it is. But, for this cricket I have informed that I will not be able to attend that meeting. I will not be able to go to the meeting without playing!'

Hinting to withdraw from the board, Papon said, "The fact is, I have to devote a lot of time to cricket." And that's why I think I better get out of here as soon as possible. It is my responsibility to give equal time everywhere. I have given a lot of time to cricket, now it is better to leave.

BCB president wanted to leave his post once before on doctor's advice. He said that the family is also under pressure. He said, 'Nowadays I enjoy cricket so much that I can bear the pressure. The family has a different pressure on him.

Besides, he finally said, 'Nothing is permanent in Bangladesh Cricket Board. neither am i I have a lot of plans for BCB. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail. This is normal. But before going, I tried to devastate everything.'

Comments