Mumtaz came to Facebook Live late at night and explained the speech given in Parliament about electricity.

 

As the hawkers go around and say, keep bangles or brother, we will have such electricity situation. We have to go around, keep the electricity or brother, the electricity. This was the speech given by the popular folk singer and Member of Parliament Mumtaz Begmer in the National Parliament. Just when the whole country is suffering from load shedding, this statement given by Mumtaz in Parliament a few days ago has gone viral on social media. He is also being trolled. Meanwhile, on Tuesday, a person was heard saying on Facebook that people upset by loadshedding surrounded Mumtaz's house. This news reached the ears of Mumtaz. So he came on Facebook live late last night and presented his position with the speech given in Parliament.

In the 12 minutes and 12 seconds long video, Mumtaz said, 'When I said this, our electricity was really good. I have electrified 100% in my seat. People are happy. But we have to face the current situation with patience. Everyone has to be patient for that. Efforts must be made, cooperation must be done—how to reduce electricity consumption, to cope. There is no point in blaming and mudslinging. We will lose. The unrest will increase.


Mumtaz said, "I suddenly saw on Facebook, someone is saying that Mumtaz's house has been surrounded. Why? So the electricity is not available! He said, this propaganda, this lie, won't shake your conscience, why am I lying like this against just one person! I humbly request you to refrain from such propaganda.


Member of Parliament of Manikganj-2 Constituency and singer Mumtaz Begum said, "In the true sense, now when you go to the village, no one says that you give two meters, give five meters, give electricity lines. Can't find a place to give a meter. This is the reality. And that is what I said in the national parliament. By misinterpreting and misrepresenting it, some dishonest people are trying to say bad things on Facebook-YouTube. He said, "I will humbly tell them, you are giving wrong interpretation and misrepresentation even as wise people. See, my words...my words are true. I said the right thing at the right time. This problem (abnormal loadshedding) will be temporary, you and I didn't know it.'

The musician and Awami League member of parliament said these things on Facebook Live at around one o'clock yesterday. At the same time, Momtaz urged not to misrepresent his statement given in the National Assembly about the government's development in the power sector.

Comments