Dhaka: The United States will not grant visas to those involved if the parliamentary elections in Bangladesh are not free and fair. However, the Election Commission (EC) has no idea about the matter.
On Thursday (May 25) Election Commissioner said this position in response to journalists' questions in the election building. Alamgir.
On Wednesday (May 24), US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said in a statement that they have announced a new visa policy ahead of the 12th National Assembly elections. It has been decided not to grant visas to those who will create obstacles in free and fair elections.
If you want to know the opinion on the matter. Alamgir said, I will not comment on this. Because these are interstate matters. It's not ours. Our responsibility is to make fair elections. I will do whatever it takes to do that. Now whoever blocked it is not part of the commission. They can say what understanding they have or what will happen with any state or government in that regard. I have nothing to say.

Comments
Post a Comment